Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by James Davis <ja...@jml.net> on 2006/12/11 20:59:15 UTC

sa-learn only detects a single message

I'm using Debian's 3.0.3-2sarge1 spam assassin package and I'm
attempting to use sa-learn to train the bayesian filter. I've built up a
corpus of spam in an IMAP/mbox folder using Thunderbird. The folder has
approximately 500 messages.

Something appears to be going wrong though, sa-learn only sees a single
message.

$ sa-learn --spam Mail/Junk
Learned from 1 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).
$

Any ideas what it is?

Thanks,

James

--
http://www.freecharity.org.uk/ - Free hosting for charities
http://picasaweb.google.com/jrwdavis - Photography

Re: sa-learn only detects a single message

Posted by James Davis <ja...@jml.net>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> Tell sa-learn that it's a mbox file ala --mbox, otherwise the default is
> "file". :)

Thank you. Where do I apply for the idiot of the year award? ;-)

James

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 07:59:15PM +0000, James Davis wrote:
> corpus of spam in an IMAP/mbox folder using Thunderbird. The folder has
> approximately 500 messages.
>
> $ sa-learn --spam Mail/Junk
> Learned from 1 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).
>
> Any ideas what it is?

Tell sa-learn that it's a mbox file ala --mbox, otherwise the default is
"file". :)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"knock a few pedestrians down, the rest get out of your way. ;)"

Re: sa-learn only detects a single message

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
James Davis wrote:
> I'm using Debian's 3.0.3-2sarge1 spam assassin package and I'm
> attempting to use sa-learn to train the bayesian filter. I've built up a
> corpus of spam in an IMAP/mbox folder using Thunderbird. The folder has
> approximately 500 messages.
>
> Something appears to be going wrong though, sa-learn only sees a single
> message.
>
> $ sa-learn --spam Mail/Junk
> Learned from 1 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).
> $
>
> Any ideas what it is?

The keys '--mbox' on your keyboard are only working intermittently. :)

Without --mbox, sa-learn assumes it's reading a single message.

Daryl