Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> on 2012/10/20 16:34:34 UTC

[ANN] Apache FOP 1.1 Released

The Apache XML Graphics team is pleased to announce the
immediate availability of Apache FOP Version 1.1 [1].

Apache FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) [2] is an output
independent print formatter driven by XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO) [3].
FOP is a Java application that reads a formatting object tree and renders
the resulting pages to a specified output format, of which a variety of
formats are supported. Apache FOP is published under the Apache License
v2.0.

This release fixes a number of bugs and provides important
performance improvements. In addition the following significant functional
enhancements are provided:

Adds support for complex scripts (e.g. Arabic, Indic, etc), aka the
"complex text path".
Adds possibility to embed TrueType fonts in the PostScript output.
Adds possibility to reduce the file size of accessible PDF outputs by
using Object Streams (a PDF 1.5 feature).
Adds support for 128bit PDF encryption.

For release notes see [4]. Source and binary distributions can be
downloaded from an ASF Mirror at [5]. Further download information is
available at [6]. Maven artifacts for this release are available at [7].

Note, that depending on which download mirror you use, it may take up to 24
hours to see the download images at [5].

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/index.html
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/
[4] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/releaseNotes_1.1.html
[5] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xmlgraphics/fop
[6] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html
[7]
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.apache.xmlgraphics~fop~1.1~~

On behalf of the XML Graphics team,
Glenn Adams

Re: [ANN] Apache FOP 1.1 Released

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
Great work, Glenn and all! Thank you for your perseverance!

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet