Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Albert <zi...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/04 12:18:09 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] Rename master branch to main

I am against this change -1. (probably vain anyways)
 @Michael Mior <mi...@gmail.com>  yes there are people against it.

nobody expressed any gain from this.
nobody required this change.
This change expressed a thinking in `incorrect` direction. (personal
opinion)

--
no mistakes

Re: [DISCUSSION] Rename master branch to main

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.
Small question:
since it seems it will not be possible to reach an unanimous consensus on
this topic, would it be possible to open a vote in order to let the
community express if they are "for" or "against" renaming master, and
decide according to the results?