Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2013/02/06 08:29:00 UTC

Tagging native 1.1.27

Hi,

The latest fix solves issues manifested with 1.1.26 and since
there were no new issues reported with 1.1.27-dev binaries I plan
to tag and push for a release 1.1.27.

Any objections or someone is doing some pending tasks/tests?

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 02/06/2013 12:39 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 06.02.2013 12:27, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> So you are suggesting to run buildconf against 1.4 HEAD instead 1.4.6
>> correct? Sure I can do that.
>
> Yes, that picks up the latest build files from there. When then actually
> doing the build using configure, you would proceed using 1.4.6 as normal.

OK.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 06.02.2013 12:27, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 02/06/2013 12:19 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>
>> One note: If you can run buildconf against an apr 1.4 HEAD source, then
>> it should copy config.guess and config.sub from there. I just checked in
>> the recent ones to the APR branches. If you run against 1.4.6 or similar
>> source, then config.* will be the ones from the old release dates. When
>> running configure one can then of course build against a normal released
>> version of apr. Again, not a show stopper.
>>

> So you are suggesting to run buildconf against 1.4 HEAD instead 1.4.6
> correct? Sure I can do that.

Yes, that picks up the latest build files from there. When then actually
doing the build using configure, you would proceed using 1.4.6 as normal.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 06.02.2013 10:12, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 07:29, Mladen Turk wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The latest fix solves issues manifested with 1.1.26 and since
>> there were no new issues reported with 1.1.27-dev binaries I plan
>> to tag and push for a release 1.1.27.
>>
>> Any objections or someone is doing some pending tasks/tests?
>
> Can we update to OpenSSL 1.0.1d as well please?

+1

If you can do a quick check on the TODO file to see whether you find any
low hanging fuit that would be great (especially for the first two
items). There are no show stoppers there though.

I'm currently trying to readjust the native source part in trunk, so no
need to wait for me for 1.1.x.

One note: If you can run buildconf against an apr 1.4 HEAD source, then
it should copy config.guess and config.sub from there. I just checked in
the recent ones to the APR branches. If you run against 1.4.6 or similar
source, then config.* will be the ones from the old release dates. When
running configure one can then of course build against a normal released
version of apr. Again, not a show stopper.

Thanks for RM!

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 02/07/2013 08:42 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 02/06/2013 10:12 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 06/02/2013 07:29, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> Can we update to OpenSSL 1.0.1d as well please?
>>

> I've build the test binaries with 1.0.1d but according
> to OpenSSL dev list there is an regression in that version,
> although in FIPS mode only (IIUC). Guys are fixing the
> issue, so although probably we are not affected I'll wait today
> to see if they'll come up with 1.0.1e. If not, we can either
> wait or proceed with 1.0.1d. WDYT?

OK, so no release but the patch is provided. It's confirmed
it fixes the regression. It applies and builds cleanly.
Should I add the patch to our srclib/openssl, or just
update srclib/VERSIONS with the link to the patch?
http://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commitdiff;h=32cc247

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 02/07/2013 08:42 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 02/06/2013 10:12 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 06/02/2013 07:29, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> Can we update to OpenSSL 1.0.1d as well please?
>>

> I've build the test binaries with 1.0.1d but according
> to OpenSSL dev list there is an regression in that version,
> although in FIPS mode only (IIUC).

FYI, that's a bug openssl.org #2975

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 02/07/2013 09:23 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>> Sure. 1.0.1d release is one of the factors to kick the 1.1.27.
>
> OpenSSL 1.0.1d release is factor to kick 1.1.27 for provided binaries,
> isn't it ?

Yeah, but that's not the main reason. Main reason is regression
in Pollset.pollset API which returns invalid value. See BZ 54513.

Cheers
--
^TM

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging native 1.1.27

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/02/2013 07:29, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The latest fix solves issues manifested with 1.1.26 and since
> there were no new issues reported with 1.1.27-dev binaries I plan
> to tag and push for a release 1.1.27.
>
> Any objections or someone is doing some pending tasks/tests?

Can we update to OpenSSL 1.0.1d as well please?

Cheers,

Mark