Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Mustafa Ali, Halgurt" <Mu...@docomolab-euro.com> on 2003/07/10 13:29:08 UTC

Setting proxies

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to set proxies under cocoon? I want to use a
proxy-server but do not know how to set it.

Many thanks

Re: Setting proxies

Posted by Peter Ross <pr...@missioncriticalit.com>.
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:42:02PM +0200, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Mustafa wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anybody tell me how to set proxies under cocoon? I want to use a
> > proxy-server but do not know how to set it.
>
> java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=PROXYSERVER -DproxyPort=PORT YourClass
>
> for more details look at
> http://developerlife.com/lessons/jvmfirewalltunelling/default.htm

If you are running cocoon from cocoon.bat or cocoon.sh this is done by
setting the JAVA_OPT variable.  Note also that I use http.proxyHost and
http.proxyPort.  I am not sure if the http is strictly necessary.

    eg JAVA_OPT=-Dhtpp.proxyHost=PROXYSERVER -Dhttp.proxyPort=PORT

Or if you are using tomcat to run coccon then the variable is called
JAVA_OPTS.

RE: Setting proxies

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
Mustafa,

java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=PROXYSERVER -DproxyPort=PORT YourClass

for more details look at
http://developerlife.com/lessons/jvmfirewalltunelling/default.htm

HTH
Reinhard