Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mark Donnelly <ma...@strategixsoftware.com> on 2004/11/04 17:29:33 UTC

bold font

Im trying to get a bold font using the following

<snip>

<block font-style="bold">blah blah blah</block>

</snip>

When I run it through fop I get the following error:

<snip>

[ERROR] defaulted font to any,normal,normal
[ERROR] unknown font sans-serif,bold,normal so defaulted font to any

</snip>

Any ideas how I might get this to work? It works fine for a
font-style="italic".

Mark

Re: bold font

Posted by DIrk Sonne <di...@get-ag.com>.
Try this:
font-weight="bold"
and it works

Re: bold font

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Mark Donnelly wrote:

> Im trying to get a bold font using the following
>
> <snip>
>
> <block font-style="bold">blah blah blah</block>

This should be:

<block font-weight="bold">blah blah blah</block>

<snip/>

Chris

Re: bold font

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Nov 4, 2004, at 8:29 AM, Mark Donnelly wrote:
> <snip>
> <block font-style="bold">blah blah blah</block>
> </snip>

That should be:

<block font-weight="bold">blah blah blah</block>

> </snip>
>
> Any ideas how I might get this to work? It works fine for a
> font-style="italic".
>
> Mark

font-style="italic" is correct for 'italic'

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>