Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Di...@tais.com on 2002/07/17 19:15:38 UTC

Newbie needs help with xerces->xalan

I've been using xercesc MemBufInputSource to create a DOM_Document;
repeatedly query various DOM_NodeList; and transcode() results to
std::string.  Now I'd like to use XPath to navigate and extract attributes
and text.  Problem is, I can find no equivalent of MemBufInputSource in
xalan.  A cursory search for transcode() also turned up nothing.

I get the impression from the xalan docs, <quote>Performance is much better
when Xalan-C++ uses native source tree handling rather than interacting
with the Xerces DOMParser</quote>, that I'd be better off using the
"native" xalan parser but, short of writing the memory image to a hd, I'm
lost - and that still doesn't get me the transcode() functionality.

TIA

Re: Newbie needs help with xerces->xalan

Posted by Alexei Dets <ad...@idsk.com>.
Hi!
On Wednesday 17 July 2002 13:15, Dick.Bridges@tais.com wrote:
> and text.  Problem is, I can find no equivalent of MemBufInputSource in
> xalan.  A cursory search for transcode() also turned up nothing.

It was a little bit confusing at first moment for me also.
But the thing is that Xalan uses standard streams and so std::stringstream
works exactly as MemBufInputSource...

	Alexei