Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2019/10/24 09:12:59 UTC

[slack-digest] [2019-10-23] #kubernetes

2019-10-23 15:30:52 UTC - Jonas P: @Dave Grove Thanks for pointing this out. I have been trying to install openwhisk and noticed that the kafka pod was not being deployed. Unfortunately after downgrading to 2.14.3 I ran into a new issue: the kafka pod stays pending and has the following events: ```Events:
  Type     Reason            Age        From               Message
  Warning  FailedScheduling  &lt;unknown&gt;  default-scheduler  pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims (repeated 6 times)
  Warning  FailedScheduling  &lt;unknown&gt;  default-scheduler  pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims (repeated 6 times)
``` that hinders other pods that depend on kafka to remain in init. Any ideas?
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C4J3R7JFL/p1571844652003700?thread_ts=1571763805.002500&cid=C4J3R7JFL
----
2019-10-23 17:16:11 UTC - Dave Grove: You can try disabling persistence in values.yaml to get unblocked.  Away from computer so can’t point you to exact line in file.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C4J3R7JFL/p1571850971006100?thread_ts=1571763805.002500&cid=C4J3R7JFL
----