Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Srinivas Kotamraju <ko...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/26 19:45:01 UTC

logging per user

Hi guys,
I am a newbie to log4j. I quickly looked through log4j and it really looks great and I amazed by its flexibility. I am having a web application and I have a bunch of users 20 -25..using it. I would like to be able to have one log file per user..with an option to configure the users in a properties file. The logfile will be generated only for the configured users.
I have been looking at NDC..is that the one I should be using?
NDC.clear();
 NDC.push(userName);
But how would a separate file created for each user?

Can someone please provide me some examples..
Thanks