Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <sn...@kiala.com> on 2003/12/19 11:55:48 UTC

wsr support in maven

Hello,

Is there a support of wsr file in maven (I know it's used by JBossNET to
deploy a new webservice inside jboss).

Thanks,

Stephane

Re: wsr support in maven

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <sn...@kiala.com>.
Emmanuel,

A wsr file is same as jar file with a web-service.xml file in the
META-INF section. This web-service is a SOAP deployemnt descriptor. The
idea is to put this wsr file in the ear. That way, your web services are
initialized at the same time your application is deployed

The following is a quote from
http://www.nsdev.org/jboss/stories/jboss-net.html

"Modify your .ear building methodology to include creation of another
jar module with a .wsr extension containing a single manifest file that
is the web-service.xml file produced in the destdir mentioned in the
above jbossnet declaration. And in the application.xml for that .ear
file, you must include a module declaration for that .wsr file.
Something like the following:
<module>
    <java>webservices.wsr</java>
</module>

So, to be clear, the web-service.xml should be located inside the
jarfile named webservices.wsr in a subdirectory called META-INF. It
doesn't matter what you call the jarfile as long as it has a .wsr
extension."

The only thing I would like is a way to deploy .wsr files in the maven
repository (so that I can put a dependencies in my project.xml to build
my ear with ear.bundle=true)

Regards,

Stéphane

Re: wsr support in maven