Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srikanth Muthyala <sr...@iitc.com.au> on 2007/11/07 08:15:16 UTC

[Axis2] SOAP with HTTPS

Hi,

Part of project I am working on is to transmit some information using soap to the service running elsewhere. My app will be a client to this service. Currently its working fine using http. Next task is to do the same over https. We will be provided with customer's digital certificates. I am new this SSL. Can somebody guide me through the steps I need to take to communicate over https and also recommend any additional packages required.
My app (client) will be running on Tomcat using java 1.5 and Axis2.

Regards,

Srikanth

Exiting a Handler without an AxisFault

Posted by Nathan Hook <ho...@hotmail.com>.
We've created a Handler that validates all the data in a submitted web service request.

Currently when we run into any validation issues we throw an AxisFault back to the client letting them know what the validation error occurred.

However, our clients have expressed a dislike for SOAPFaults and would prefer to get back a normal response with either a success or failure message.

Is there anyway in our handler that we can a message to the client without an AxisFault?  I've tried to do some research and it seems to be the only way to break out of the handler/phase is to throw an AxisFault.

Any help/suggestions/friendly pushes in the right direction are appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Re: [Axis2] SOAP with HTTPS

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
       ServiceClient client = new ServiceClient();
        Options opts = new Options();
        opts.setAction("urn:divide");
        client.setOptions(opts);

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStoreType", "JKS");
       // key store password
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword", "my_password");
   //trust store password
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "my_password");
//location of the certificate
        File file = new File(
                "truststore.jks");
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", file.getAbsolutePath());

invoke the client