Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com> on 2006/09/02 02:13:47 UTC

How do I specify config file for "nutch plugin" command ?

I developed a plugin and tried to run it using "nutch plugin
<plugin-name> <plugin-fully-qualified-class-name> <arg1> <arg2> ...." of
Nutch 0.8.

But it says my plugin is not present or inactive.

I tried "nutch plugin" with known plugin "language-identifier" as:

./nutch plugin languageidentifier
org.apache.nutch.analysis.lang.NGramProfile

and got the same result:
Plugin 'language-identifier' not present or inactive.

This log message suggests that the plugin is recognized by the nutch
command:

2006-09-01 17:05:46,772 DEBUG plugin.PluginRepository
(PluginManifestParser.java:parsePluginFolder(93)) - parsing:
C:\opt\nutch-0.8\plugins\language-identifier\plugin.xml

Why does it say the plugin is not present or inactive?
Is "nutch plugin" command known to work?

-kuro

Re: How do I specify config file for "nutch plugin" command ?

Posted by Audrey Liu <au...@gmail.com>.
To activate your plugin, you must specify it in your nutch-site.xml file, in
particular you need to change the  <name>plugin.includes</name> to not only
include the default ones included in the nutch-default.xml and also your
plugin id.

Make you you have plugin.auto-activation set to be true.

Posted by sram_2004 <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guanyu <me...@gmail.com>.
Have you solved this problem?