Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com> on 2007/10/18 23:13:15 UTC

Possible conflict with ejb and jar plugins

Hello,
  I am running into a strange situation with the maven-ejb-plugin and
maven-jar-plugin

I am performing a build, building a jar and an ejb. Seems that when I
execute the ejb plugin during the package phase, it messes up the execution
of the maven-jar-plugin.

For example, I am using the snapshot version of the maven-jar-plugin (2.2)
that contains the excludes fix. If I build both an ejb and jar in my
project, it seems to override the exclude switch in the jar plugin and I get
files I do not want in the jar.

If I turn off the maven-ejb-plugin in my build and re-run the mvn package
command, the exclude switch in the jar plugin works fine and I do not get
the files I excludes from my jar.

I am running version 2.1 of the EJB Plugin.

Just wondering if anyone else is running into this. Maybe I am doing
something wrong? I thought it might be the clientInclude switch used in the
ejb plugin so I disabled this in my pom.xml but the issue still exists. I
have to comment out the ejb plugin all together to get the excludes for the
jar to work.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them very much. I
need to get this resolved and I would like to use the maven plugin as
opposed to have to do it with Ant.

Regards,
Mark

Re: Possible conflict with ejb and jar plugins

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The plugins are versioned independently. I assume the exclude/include
functionality is simply not available in ejb plugin v2.1.

Wayne

Posted by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com>.

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com>.
Hi Wayne,
  I am only building both artifacts out of one pom since the project itself
is meant to produce a jar and an ejb that we deploy to the application
server.  See I currently do this with my Ant build and as I migrate over to
Maven, I guess I need to get used to the Maven way of doing things. The code
for both is in one subversion project so I figured it would be easier to do
it together. Maybe I can define a parent pom for this and build each as a
module somehow.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com>.
Hi Wayne,