Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/25 19:21:15 UTC

Serialization of a page with a long and dynamic list of records

I am learning and evaluating Wicket now and have a question to ask.

I have a page that displays a long list (say 2000) of records. This page is dynamic, which means the list of records may change for each reload. I understand that I should use loadable detachable model. My question is: does Wicket serialize each page reload with all the records on a particular reload?

Thanks!

Re: Serialization of a page with a long and dynamic list of records

Posted by Vladimir K <ko...@gmail.com>.
I realized that it is not possible to support bookmarkable page links in
breadcrumbs panel for already instantiated pages because it won't work with
multiple browser windows and tabls.

Therefore I can use bookmarkable links for non-instantiated pages only. It
can be easily accomplished with existing components. Hmm ... wrong word. ...
EASIER than overriding page factory.

Re: Serialization of a page with a long and dynamic list of records

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@yahoo.com>.
This question is not related to the subject of the topic.
Anyway, the answer for you question is:
- if you are using LoadableDetachableModel, then the list is not serialized
with each request... this is the main feature of this type of model, it
detaches its data at the end of each request cycle.

Alex Objelean