Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bs Serge <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/10 15:51:46 UTC

Pass JVM options in ofbizBackground

Hi all,

I'm starting OFBIZ in the background but I'm failing to add memory JVM
options using below commands :

./gradlew ofbizBackground -PjvmArgs="-Xms1024m -Xmx11g"
./gradlew -Porg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx11g ofbizBackground

Below is the command that ends up getting executed with Xms128M -Xmx1024M
instead of specified -Xms1024m -Xmx11g in the command

java -Xms128M -Xmx1024M -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.country
-Duser.language=en -Duser.variant -cp /var/www/build/libs/ofbiz.jar
org.apache.ofbiz.base.start.Start

I found the above command in htop.

Kindly let me know how to start OFBIZ in the background with JVM options.

Best regards,

Re: Pass JVM options in ofbizBackground

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi,

you should be able to pass JVM arguments using "-PjvmArgs".

This should work: gradlew ofbiz -PjvmArgs="-Xms1024M -Xmx2048M"

This is implemented in build.gradle and README.doc. If this still fails,
please open a Jira bug issue with detailed description of used version
and process.

Maybe there is a bug using this together with ofbizBackground.

Best regards,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Serge,

You may also edit gradle.properties, but it's the same issue because it's also committed, maybe simpler though

Jacques

Posted by Bs Serge <se...@gmail.com>.