Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by dgh1 <da...@osi.com> on 2010/08/15 22:15:24 UTC

1.5M JSR 286 support

I read the following:

Although the standard release of JSR-286 better supported common web
development frameworks like JSF, Spring, Struts and WebWork, it is not
supported by Wicket 1.4. After co-operative talks with Jonathan Locke and
Ate Douma, Componence decided to contribute the JSR-286 bridge to the Wicket
community.

and

After 2 months of work Antony Stubbs has submitted the final patch for
WICKET-1620  . The patch is now awaiting Ate Douma's review. With this patch
Wicket will also support the new features of the Portal 2.0 specification
like events, shared render parameters and resource serving.

so what I am asking is did this make it into 1.5M,  specially the events to
send between portlets

Thanks Much for response

Re: 1.5M JSR 286 support

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
The support for portlets was removed from Wicket 1.5 this weekend and part
of it is moved to wicketstuff svn repository.
We decided to do this because there is no much support for this part of the
framework. None of the active core developers use portlets and it seems
there are not many users out there.
Search in mail archives from the last week for the discussion.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:15 PM, dgh1 <da...@osi.com> wrote:

> I read the following:
>
> Although the standard release of JSR-286 better supported common web
> development frameworks like JSF, Spring, Struts and WebWork, it is not
> supported by Wicket 1.4. After co-operative talks with Jonathan Locke and
> Ate Douma, Componence decided to contribute the JSR-286 bridge to the
> Wicket
> community.
>

> and
>
> After 2 months of work Antony Stubbs has submitted the final patch for
> WICKET-1620  . The patch is now awaiting Ate Douma's review. With this
> patch
> Wicket will also support the new features of the Portal 2.0 specification
> like events, shared render parameters and resource serving.
>
> so what I am asking is did this make it into 1.5M,  specially the events to
> send between portlets
>
> Thanks Much for response

jsessionid in URLs of non-versioned Pages

Posted by bh...@actrix.gen.nz.
Hi,

I use panel replacement on setVersioned(false) pages in combination
with HybridUrlCodingStrategy and the default
IRequestCycleSettings.REDIRECT_TO_BUFFER so that users stay on the
same page and cannot see previos versions when pressing the back
button. That is because all "pages" have the same URL.

With the first request the servlet container
doesn't know you have cookie support. So it will append the
jsessionid to the URL.

After that with the second request it sees the cookie coming in and
then it doesn't append the jsessionid anymore.

This is then creating two pages in browser history one with jsessionid
and one without it which is causing me a headache:

If on subsequent requests, the user presses the back button and
re-submits, then the submit hits the only last version of the
non-versioned page which lacks the (replaced) form to submit to and
the page crashes.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bernard