Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Fang Fang FF Chen <ff...@cn.ibm.com> on 2011/07/26 05:10:18 UTC

pig-0.8.1:about pig.pom file and pig-0.8.1/build/ivy/lib/Pig directory

Hello,
I am using pig-0.8.1 and I am confused about the following sides. Please
help to check this problems and give me some suggestion. Thank you.

Question 1:
I found some dependency jar balls in file: /pig-0.8.1/ivy/pig.pom.
My question is: what will these jar balls be used for(compile, build,
package or during run pig script)? Thank you.
After decompress pig-0.8.1.tar.gz, we would run:
ant compile,
ant jar,
ant package,
ant test and so on.
Are the dependency jar balls in pom.jar will be used during run all the
upper commands? Thank you.

Question 2:
After run "ant compile", I found plenty of jar balls in directory:
pig-0.8.1/build/ivy/lib/Pig.
My question is: are all the jar balls will be used during "ant compile"?
And during run pig script(pig runtime), which jar ball will be necessary?
Thank you.

Question 3:
For Pig-0.7.0, I found these jar balls at pig-0.7.0/lib directory:

So I think these jar balls are necessary for pig script running and only
these jar balls are needed during run pig script. Is this correct?
In pig-0.8.1, I found only antomaton.jar was listed in lib directory. I
think during pig runtime, there should be other jar balls which are needed.
If this is correct, should we put other jar balls into lib directory by
ourselves? And what are the other jar balls? Thank you.

Thanks.
Regards,
FangFang CHEN / 陈芳芳
BigInsights Team, CDL