Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Rainer Schüler <ma...@ecosoft.net> on 2004/08/18 17:00:57 UTC

How to prevent Jetspeed from touching runData.getRequest().getInputStream() in multipart POST

Hi,

I try to proxy mutltipart/form-data POST's trough my own Jetspeed portlet.

If I use my proxy class from a servlet, request.getInputStream() will return
me a "unused" stream, so I can use a StreamCopy class to pass it trough to
my output stream.
But if I use the proxy class from within a portlet the input stream I get
from the runData object's request is allready read by someone else so a
StreamCopy fails.

My guess is, that Jetspeeds ParseParameter class tries to parse the form
post and reads from the stream, because it thinks it is a usual POST.
So, how can I prevent Jetspeed from touching this Stream an hand it over
to me. Can this be done configuring my portlet different or do I need to
overload the DefaultParameterParser class with a custom one?
Or is there a total different way to access those multipart/form-data ?

Best regards,
Rainer Schüler