Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mikael Andersson <co...@mickeandersson.net> on 2005/12/07 16:47:53 UTC

Shale-Clay: Error finding Converter for component

Hi,
I am new to Shale and Clay and am getting a 'Error finding Converter for
component', you guys will probably spot this beginner mistake immediately :)

Error:
ERROR (org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRendererUtils) - Error finding
Converter for component with id clayView:_id0:_id1:_id40:_id85:_id87:moltype

HTML/Clay code:
<select name="moltype" jsfid="selectOneMenu"
value="#{@managed-bean-name.dbMolType}" required="true">
  <option jsfid="selectItem" itemValue="DNA" itemLabel="DNA"/>/
  <option jsfid="selectItem" itemValue="RNA" itemLabel="RNA"/>
  <option jsfid="selectItem" itemValue="Protein" itemLabel="Protein"/>
</select>

The backing bean property dbMolType is a String object.

I can't find a 'StringConverter', and using plain JSF I never needed one.
I have other forms which uses the Integer converter and I don't get any errors
regardgin them.

Thanks, Mikael

Re: Shale-Clay: Error finding Converter for component

Posted by Mikael Andersson <co...@mickeandersson.net>.
Just tried the allowBody="true" attribute, but I still get the same error.

Posted by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com>.