Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/17 21:53:35 UTC

JDO api's 1.3 in central.

Hi.  I'm not sure where to find this, but whoever's maintaining
javax.jdo has uploaded this:  javax.jdo:jdo2-api:jar:2.3-20090302111651

There are two problems - firstly, it doesn't have CRC/hash files.
Secondly, it looks like it was a snapshot that was released.  It does
worry me a little, especially since it's an API/spec.  How do we find
out who's maintaining the maven metadata for this?   (no contributor/
developer tags that I could find.)

cheers,
Christian Edward Gruber
christianedwardgruber@gmail.com
http://www.geekinasuit.com/

Re: JDO api's 1.3 in central.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
On 17-Apr-09, at 12:53 PM, Christian Edward Gruber wrote:

> Hi.  I'm not sure where to find this, but whoever's maintaining
> javax.jdo has uploaded this:  javax.jdo:jdo2-api:jar:
> 2.3-20090302111651

I did it because it's the version used in the google appengine. It was
actually 2.3-SNAPSHOT that they used which was unacceptable.

> There are two problems - firstly, it doesn't have CRC/hash files.

That will be fixed by the stuff that runs over the directories and
they seem to be fine now.

> Secondly, it looks like it was a snapshot that was released.

Whatever it is that's what's in the release of the appengine code so I
turned it into a real version. It's not a snapshot. Maven won't find
it because it's not going to get found with "^(.*)-([0-9]{8}.[0-9]{6})-
([0-9]+)$".

> It does worry me a little, especially since it's an API/spec.  How
> do we find out who's maintaining the maven metadata for this?   (no
> contributor/developer tags that I could find.)

It's a real version, it came from datanucleus, it's not going to
interfere with anything else. There's not developer/contributor tags
from any of the versions coming from Apache or Datanucleus. The
metadata is fucked up anyway because whoever is releasing it isn't
doing a very good job and if there are N implementations who's API JAR
goes in central.

I don't know what the rules are with JSRs and people implementing the
specs. In geronimo they implement specs but they keep the specs in
their namespace. I think all the specs should do that.

At any rate, this JAR is not going to interfere with anything else.

> cheers,
> Christian Edward Gruber
> christianedwardgruber@gmail.com
> http://www.geekinasuit.com/