Posted to community@apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2004/02/23 13:46:58 UTC

Re: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 04:19:01AM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> * The Board reiterated that distribution of software from our servers must
>   be licensed with the Apache License or a *less* restrictive license
>   (such as plain BSD or the MIT licenses).

Interesting: this would preclude apache-1.3's inclusion of expat-lite
under the MPL, right? Is that really the intent?

(I'm sure there are lots of places this is done already, apr-util being
a derived work of GDBM and hence falling under the restrictions of the
GPL being another issue)

joe

Re: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:59:56PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 13:46, Joe Orton wrote:
> > (I'm sure there are lots of places this is done already, apr-util being
> > a derived work of GDBM
>
> How do you figure this?

apr_dbm_gdbm.c uses the GDBM interface, hence is a derived work (a "work
based on the program" to use the wording in the GPL)

joe

Re: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 13:46, Joe Orton wrote:
> (I'm sure there are lots of places this is done already, apr-util being
> a derived work of GDBM

How do you figure this?

Sander