Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by red <re...@xmission.com> on 2021/03/02 23:56:29 UTC

OpenOfffice does not work with HP 8035 printer

Dev,

Title says it all.  HP tech support says all of their stuff is okay,
drivers, spoolers, settings, et c.
Many other programs do print on the new printer, but not OpenOffice.

There are maybe a dozen puzzled users out there with this same problem.
I do see the OO program sending the file to the printer, with a progress
bar.  The file is in the printer queue for a few seconds, then it is not
in the printer queue.  No printing happens.

HP-8035e Office Jet printer (new).
I updated Java.  No help.
I downloaded the new release of OO (V. 4.1.9).  No help.
Your help would be welcome, here.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Red

RESOLVED: OpenOfffice does not work with HP 8035 printer

Posted by "Dean.Webber" <20...@student.sit.ac.nz>.
The issue for Red has been resolved by using AOO 4.1.9 to create new Avery (blank and custom printed labels) templates. The original templates that were created with AOO 3.2.0 would not print with his HP 8035 printer.

"I have been trying to print old text and LABEL files, made by the old version of OO (V.3.2.0).  They would not print, as told previously."

"Today,  I created a new LABEL sheet, using only the 4.1.9 new Avery templates; these new versions do print as they should."

Posted by Bidouille <oo...@free.fr>.
AOO works with all printers if these are recognized by operating system.
What is your OS?