Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 03:28:56 UTC

Re: [T5.4] First impressions

I really like the separation of having the files under META-INF/.  I'd like
to know more about your IDE issues as well; it's not impossible that the
root folder could change from META-INF/ to something else; however
t5-assets and t5-modules are not valid package names, could lead to the
same IDE issues.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:12:37 -0300, Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>
> wrote:
>
>  I just realized there is another issue that I came across with assets.
>> We use netbeans and it doesn't support having META-INF/assets very well
>> for maven projects.
>>

> Define "doesn't support very well". I don't use NetBeans, so I got
> curious. :) From the IDE and Maven side, it's just another folder inside
> src/main/resources.
>

>  I have a simple proposal, why not /t5-assets and /t5-js-modules/ from
>> root?
>> This way META-INF isn't involved, it's in the place where IDEs and web
>> apps expect assets and all other goals of a single place for library assets
>> is accomplished.
>>

> I'm not sure, Howard can tell you exactly why, but putting assets in
> /META-INF seems to be a pattern many frameworks have been using. In
> addition, it's a special path in the Servlets 3.0 specification:
> https://blogs.oracle.com/**alexismp/entry/web_inf_lib_**jar_meta<https://blogs.oracle.com/alexismp/entry/web_inf_lib_jar_meta>.
> And I just found a discussion last year about it, me and Lenny included,
> hehehe: http://apache-tapestry-**mailing-list-archives.1045711.**
> .
>

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo