Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gerrit Brehmer <gb...@yahoo.de> on 2008/11/30 00:36:51 UTC

Retrieve last artifact URL from remote repository

Hi,

I want to do a remote deploy to a jboss server. For that I need the URL from
the last deployment to the remote repository (timestamped snapshots e.g.,
archiva server). The Url will be printed to the output console during/after
successful archiva deployment (deploy:deploy). So can I retrieve this
url/remote artifact name from a runtime property inside the pom? Or are
there any other possibilities to get this information?

Thanks in advance

Bye,
Gerrit

AW: Retrieve last artifact URL from remote repository

Posted by Gerrit Brehmer <gb...@yahoo.de>.
Ok, but I need this "feature" next week so I thought I could change a maven
plugin to make this happen. I need to know which plugin/module/maven
component print this url out to the console?

> I want to do a remote deploy to a jboss server. For that I need the URL
from
> the last deployment to the remote repository (timestamped snapshots e.g.,
> archiva server). The Url will be printed to the output console
during/after
> successful archiva deployment (deploy:deploy). So can I retrieve this
> url/remote artifact name from a runtime property inside the pom? Or are
> there any other possibilities to get this information?

Probably more of a feature request for the Archiva list if that's what
you're using... I see there's a request in JIRA for browsing using
RELEASE and LATEST [1].

The metadata should be there in the repository, so you could read that
and construct the url.  Or, if you're using a plugin (Cargo?) to do
the deploy, it might be able to deal with snapshots.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-805

--
Wendy

Re: Retrieve last artifact URL from remote repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: AW: Retrieve last artifact URL from remote repository

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Ok, but I think the timestamped snapshot file name is generated by Maven, so
it should be able to get it without querying the remote repo. And the url
for the remote repo you do have.
However, I don't know how to get the timestamped snaphot file name.

/Anders

Posted by Gerrit Brehmer <gb...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Hi,

I think you want to try the jboss-maven-plugin and do a remote deploy. This
is described here:
http://osdir.com/ml/java.maven-plugins.mojo.devel/2006-01/msg00208.html

Please try and let us know if it works. I haven't tried remote deploy, but i
do believe I had some issues with the local deployment.

/Anders