Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by go...@osmosis.gr on 2003/10/24 13:17:09 UTC

nuke like engine based on cocoon

hi people

this is just an idea or/and a proposition
to begin a "CocoonNuke" maybe project

something just like nukes (postnuke phpnuke) but using cocoon

are people working already to this direction?

--stavros

Re: nuke like engine based on cocoon

Posted by Anders Forsgren <an...@digitalfarmers.com>.
I could help out

I once tried using phpNuke but started hating the ugly mixing of looks
and content, and the quick hack look of it all. I wanted something
skinnable so I started writing a simple nuke like community portal that
used Xalan and an xsl skin to show
news/forums/polls/downloads/members/etc from a mysql database with
"modules" producing pages and blocks from the xml content. modules can
be added/removed and restricted to access levels etc.

3 months into this project i realized that half the work was actually
implemented already in something called cocoon :(
I am also very interested in using cocoon to make a solid replacement
for phpNuke.

A look of what it looked like before I ditched the project and started
looking into cocoon is on this game-clan's website (unfortunately swedish)
http://sheriff.mine.nu

Without knowing too much about cocoon blocks, they seem like they could
help a lot in the creation of such a framework...

rgds
/Anders

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Jens Maukisch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > this is just an idea or/and a proposition
> > to begin a "CocoonNuke" maybe project
> > something just like nukes (postnuke phpnuke) but using cocoon
>
> Well, the portal-fw/engine should ba a good base to start.
> It offers you unser management and customization as a basis.
> You just have to extend it with the missing features :-)

alone ???

any other volunteer ?

Re: nuke like engine based on cocoon

Posted by Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net>.