Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Lars Berntzon <la...@cecilia-data.se> on 2017/08/30 14:37:41 UTC

Allura with svn http access and docker

Hi, I am trying to install allura using the docker images. I have two
questions:

1. How do I set up a http/https server for svn with dynamic repository.
I can not find a svn recursive patch for subversion 1.9, is there any
other way to do dynamic repo access over http (with dynamic I mean that
I don't have to create specific entries in my apache config file).

2. Also, the python auth checker /allura/scripts/ApacheAccessHandler.py
does not seem to allow any access to my repos. Can I debug this or is
there any other settings to tell it how to allow access?

Regards, Lars

Re: Allura with svn http access and docker

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 8/30/17 10:37 AM, Lars Berntzon wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install allura using the docker images. I have two questions:
>
> 1. How do I set up a http/https server for svn with dynamic repository. I can
> not find a svn recursive patch for subversion 1.9, is there any other way to do
> dynamic repo access over http (with dynamic I mean that I don't have to create
> specific entries in my apache config file).

We have a patch for 1.9 we use internally, so I updated
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-3588 with it.

It'd be nice not to have to patch svn, it'd take some changes to Allura but
should be possible to do some time.  Feature ticket for it is
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/7940/

> 2. Also, the python auth checker /allura/scripts/ApacheAccessHandler.py does not
> seem to allow any access to my repos. Can I debug this or is there any other
> settings to tell it how to allow access?

Have you checked the logs from the "git-http" container?  Hopefully it would
have something useful

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal