Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com> on 2012/05/25 18:00:18 UTC

Namenode starup failure in 2.0.1 if fs.defaultFS not configured.

Hi All,

I have taken hadoop-2.0.1.tar and configured only fs.default.name then started namenode.

Here Namenode is not starting,it's getting shutdown by throwing illegalargumentexception.(Inavlid URI for NameNode address).

But in trunk NN is starting successfully for same configuration...

Please let me know any changes..

Thanks And Regards

Brahma Reddy

Re: Namenode starup failure in 2.0.1 if fs.defaultFS not configured.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Brahma,

Did you end up figuring out this issue? Would be good to file a JIRA
if it's still happening.

-Todd

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Brahma Reddy Battula

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera