Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves" <ru...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2003/10/16 12:21:00 UTC

mixed libs?

Hi all,
I'm just starting using cocoon!!

Cocoon has its own WEB-INF/lib!
Since I can have multiple dirs under cocoon, each
one representing a different project, my question is:
Where do I place classes/jars respecting each project?
Mixed up with cocoon libs?
Sorry if this is a basic question!
Thanks for any help!
Rui

--
Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves <ru...@ptinovacao.pt>
PT Inovação

Re: mixed libs?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm just starting using cocoon!!
>
> Cocoon has its own WEB-INF/lib!
> Since I can have multiple dirs under cocoon, each
> one representing a different project, my question is:
> Where do I place classes/jars respecting each project?
> Mixed up with cocoon libs?
> Sorry if this is a basic question!
> Thanks for any help!

Yes, in 2.0.x and 2.1.x all jars go in WEB-INF/lib.
The next version of Cocoon will introduce a concept you'll
see referred to as "real blocks" which will allow a
building-block approach with things like isolated lib dirs
and much, much more.

Geoff

Environment set up [was Re: mixed libs?]

Posted by Oleg Dulin <du...@olegdulin.com>.
You know, it may make more sense to have multiple webapps with their own
cocoon WEB-INF directories. The reason I say this is because in a lot of
environments you want separate control over individual apps; some are
upgraded more frequently than others and it may make sense to keep jars
and classes completely separate.

Now, this brings up an interesting question: how do people set up their
cocoon environments ? There is hardly any documentation in Wiki, the
page that's there is
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation
which is outdated, and I disagree with the idea that you should put all
of your Cocoon apps under the cocoon webapp tree.

I meant to create my own HOWTO, but would like to gather opinions first.

Kind regards,
Oleg