Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/04 11:26:15 UTC

Pluto-2.0 portletSession cannot share parameters !!!

Hello,

I am testing the Pluto-2.0. I could not retrieve the attributes from
PortletSession.

For example,

I use portletSession.setAttribute("MYVAR", "some value") in PortletA,
and retrieve it in PortletB, but it always returned "null".

I tried to add the following in the portlet.xml in application level.

  <container-runtime-option>
      <name>javax.portlet.actionScopedRequestAttributes</name>
      <value>true</value>
      <value>numberOfCachedScopes</value>
      <value>10</value>
  </container-runtime-option>

Is there any bug ?

Best regards,
Eric

-----------
public class HelloWorldPortlet extends GenericPortlet {
	public static final String VIEW_PAGE = "/WEB-INF/portlets/demo/view.jsp";

	public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {

 // -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		// ------------------------------------------- retrieve the
attribute from the portlet session
               // -------------------------------------------always
return NULL ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

		System.out.println("......................" +
request.getPortletSession().getAttribute("MYVAR"));

		response.setContentType("text/html");
        PortletContext context = getPortletContext();
        PortletRequestDispatcher requestDispatcher =
context.getRequestDispatcher(VIEW_PAGE);
        requestDispatcher.include(request, response);

	}
}

------------------

public class LocalePortlet extends GenericPortlet {
	private static final String VIEW_PAGE =
"/WEB-INF/portlets/framework/locale/view.jsp";

	private Log log = LogFactory.getLog(this.getClass());

	public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {
		response.setContentType("text/html");

		PortletContext context = getPortletContext();
		PortletRequestDispatcher requestDispatcher = context
				.getRequestDispatcher(VIEW_PAGE);
		requestDispatcher.include(request, response);
	}

	public void processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {

               //
portlet session
               //
		request.getPortletSession().setAttribute("MYVAR", "This is my variable");
	}

}