Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/10 09:11:03 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2018-07-10

2018-07-09 21:17:59 UTC - Rajan Dhabalia: &gt; correct, currently the implementation expects an external source to trigger get metrics and reset periodically like the rest of the metrics from the broker. Prometheus will do this automatically for you but if you want to get it yourself, you will have to schedule a task to do that.

@Jerry Peng I will create a PR to make this change so, we can use different metrics-collection
----
2018-07-09 21:34:52 UTC - Jerry Peng: ok
----
2018-07-09 23:07:41 UTC - Matteo Merli: @Rajan Dhabalia I was looking into <https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/pull/1462#issuecomment-403256971>

According to protobuf docs, the encoding should be the same for a “repeated” field that only appears once. <https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/encoding#optional>

Which versions consumer/broker are you trying and what would be a way to reproduce easily?
----
2018-07-10 07:53:06 UTC - Rajan Dhabalia: &gt; The code should already be sending 1 single ack if the broker is &lt; 2.0 :

I see, I missed it to check.

I think the issue is that I have cherry-picked ActiveConsumerListener-change:<https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/pull/1156> into broker-1.22 to support function on broker-1.22 and this PR upgraded pulsar-broker version=V12 and because of that client was sending group-ack to broker which broker couldn't understand.
Thanks for pointing it out, I will fix our internal broker.
----