Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2015/02/06 15:58:09 UTC

first attempt at community page

I have made a first attempt at the community page:

It can be found at:
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community

This includes the previous information found at
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/contact<http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/contact/>
and some at:
http://taverna.staging.apache.org/about

I have not included the list of contributors as it just duplicates
http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#taverna
Tthe directories
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org<http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community>/introduction<http://taverna.staging.apache.org/introduction>
and
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/documentation/

Have a slightly different menubar which will become the main one in a few days to make these pages public.

Unless of course someone has a good reason not too.

Christian

RE: first attempt at community page

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk>.
myExperiment link fixed.

"Hosting a Taverna Server" is kept would go to something like
http://www.taverna.org.uk/developers/web-service-developers/
(I wasn't sure of that one so will not mind if it is removed.)

"Community"  dropdwon = Excellent idea

As for contacts.
A good compromise is to put a compact version at the top:
A bit like:
http://mesos.apache.org/community/

and point to  the verbose stuff at http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/contact/
or
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/contact/ with the pointer as suggested.

Christian

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk>.
I had a few of the suggested changes to.
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/

I move mailing list to the top and made it a summary with a link to the main contact page.

I added drop downs to the community menubar.

Speaking of menubar I changed the behavior so the top is clickable.
Do you prefer the behavior on
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/
or
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org

Christian

PS. I have left improving the second paragraph to someone else.

I left "Hosting a Service for Taverna" for now but would understand it being removed later.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Great!

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hi Alan.
Yep the first attempt was to encourage discussion.

As for the second paragraph:
See: http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/edit

Christian
Thanks Christian, it is good to have a strawman.

I do not like the second paragraph. It suggests that Taverna has a set
of workflows that people contribute, a server bank that you can put your
server in and a set of services that you can host especially for Taverna.

Sorry to be so negative

Alan

Re: first attempt at community page