Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2018/04/24 19:11:00 UTC

Model Data

In OFbiz there is an additional identifier called Model.  However you
are only allowed one model in the system.  In some scenarios a part can
be a part of hundreds of different models.

What is the best way to set up model data in which consumers are only
buying parts and there is no manufacturing data.  For Example

Samsung 40 in TV Model 12343
This TV is made up of 40 different parts
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part....
Part 40

What is the best way to set this up so we can find in OFbiz the parts
associated with a model and order the parts?  Same thing with online
sales

Thanks,

James

Re: Model Data

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com>.
Model is for things like Model Number for a particular part, it’s an attribute of each product in the system.

For this use case, use the associations entity, Product Component, which lets you associate one part to another parent part.

—P