Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com> on 2012/07/06 23:13:11 UTC

Removing JDK from compile classpath

Hi!

Some users of the Android Maven plugin are having trouble with the
compilation because the android.jar that includes all classes from harmony
is on the classpath together with the Oracle JDK.

When method signatures between the two differ e.g. like mentioned here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11250352/base-java-classes-still-in-the-classpath-during-maven-android-build/

it seems the compiler plugin always uses the JDK methods first and
compilation fails.

Is there a way to configure the compiler plugin to remove the JDK itself
from the compliation classpath to fix this problem? Or could some sort of
patch of the compiler plugin achieve that?

It must be possible somehow since the Ant build and the respective Javac
invocation can build these apps just fine..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

manfred

Re: Removing JDK from compile classpath

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.