Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/06/04 20:13:09 UTC

Re: svn client fails with Berkeley DB error Cannot allocate memory - repository broken

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 12:42, Martin J. Evans wrote:

> 5. run the attached perl program with:
>
>    /tmp/x.pl -u file:///var/subversion/distribution/test-martin

Well, I tried to reproduce, but I think my perl bindings are either too
old or too new (from /trunk).  I get an assertion failure on a
path-join.

Someone who's actively using perl bindings should try to reproduce.

Re: svn client fails with Berkeley DB error Cannot allocate memory - repository broken

Posted by "Martin J. Evans" <ma...@easysoft.com>.
Ben,

Thanks for trying.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has reproduced this problem or who knows why it
breaks my repositories.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Development, Easysoft Ltd

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 03:13:09PM -0500, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 12:42, Martin J. Evans wrote:
>
> > 5. run the attached perl program with:
> >
> >    /tmp/x.pl -u file:///var/subversion/distribution/test-martin
>
> Well, I tried to reproduce, but I think my perl bindings are either too
> old or too new (from /trunk).  I get an assertion failure on a
> path-join.
>
> Someone who's actively using perl bindings should try to reproduce.

You probably used . as the path. :)  Which isn't valid input to the
subversion libraries.  You have to use full paths.  This has come up
before with the Perl bindings.  Perl apps can of course use the Cwd
module and abs_path() to work around this.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken