Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by "Ngo, Anh (ISS Southfield)" <hn...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/05/08 18:19:17 UTC

xml store help?

Hello,

I am evaluating openJPA to use for our current project.  It works fine
for our need with database.  But I am having problem with the
XMLStoreManager.  I have two simple objects - Customer and User.
Customer can have multiple users.  I look at the object store in xml
file.  It stored like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<extent>

    <object class="net.iss.mss.jpa.examples.remedy.Customer" oid="1"
version="0">

        <field name="customerId">

            "1"

        </field>

        <field name="customerName">

            "customer1"

        </field>

        <field name="users">

            <element>

                org.apache.openjpa.util.StringId:1

            </element>

            <element>

                org.apache.openjpa.util.StringId:2

            </element>

        </field>

    </object>

</extent>

Shoud the Users element store User object?  The XMLStoreManager failed
to load data in because it doest not know how to create this object:
org.apache.openjpa.util.StringId:1

Please help...

I attached my orm.xml and persisentene.xml for your references.

Sincerely,

Anh Ngo

Senior Application Programmer

IBM Internet Security Systems

248 226 9059

Re: xml store help?

Posted by catalina wei <ca...@gmail.com>.
Anh,
I have created issue OPENJPA-238 for keeping track of this problem.
The patch that I sent to you is also attached under OPENJPA-238.

Catalina