Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Raghav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/30 01:11:39 UTC

Is Restart needed after change in trust store for Kafka 1.1 ?

Hi

We have a 3 node Kafka cluster running. Time to time, we have some changes
in trust store and we restart Kafka to take new changes into account. We
are on Kafka 0.10.x.

If we move to 1.1, would we still need to restart Kafka upon trust store
changes ?

Thanks.

--
Raghav

Re: Is Restart needed after change in trust store for Kafka 1.1 ?

Posted by Hans Jespersen <ha...@confluent.io>.
This is the KIP-226 for Dynamic Broker Configuration

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-226+-+Dynamic+Broker+Configuration <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-226+-+Dynamic+Broker+Configuration>

and this is the JIRA for what is released in Apache Kafka 1.1.0

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6240 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6240>

which seems in include dynamic reconfiguration of SSL keystores

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6241 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6241>

--
/**
 * Hans Jespersen, Director Systems Engineering, Confluent Inc.

Posted by Raghav <ra...@gmail.com>.
Anyone ?

--
Raghav