Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Ronald Lepper <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/22 00:26:45 UTC

CouchDB 2.0 release date

We are currently starting out a project with Couchdb 1.6.1 but are having
to currently work around some things that Couchdb 2.0 looks like it will
solve (specifically, some of the clustering features).  Is there any update
on when the release date is for Couchdb 2.0?

Sincerely,
Ron

Re: CouchDB 2.0 release date

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Ron,

we don’t have a release date yet. Upgrading from 1.6.1 to 2.0 will be straightforward (via replication), so no harm in starting on 1.6.1 and upgrading when 2.0 s out. The APIs will be (nearly) identical.

Best
Jan