Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org> on 2018/06/05 19:52:06 UTC

Re: incubator-tamaya git commit: TAMAYA-340 Enhanced environment property resolution.

Hi Anatole,

thanks for your commits ....
being curious as I am I took a look at the test:

org.apache.tamaya.spisupport.propertysource.EnvironmentPropertySourceTest.testPrefixedGet()

and was starting to wonder if the javadoc is correct or if I don't get
the class' functionality.

I'd guess the test case to hold, but initializing it without a prefix
but setting it as System property does not work, as the prefix is null.

Should the prefix be filtered out as the Javadoc suggests
org.apache.tamaya.spisupport.propertysource.EnvironmentPropertySource
(line 71ff)

I had expected something like:

 * $ java -Dtamaya.envprops.prefix=a81 -jar application.jar
 * </pre>
 *
 * <p>The application specific value can now be accessed from the code
of the
 * application like this:</p>
 *
 * <pre>
 * PropertySource ps = new EnvironmentPropertySource();
 * PropertyValue pv = ps.get("CUSTOMER");
 * System.out.println(pv.getValue());
 * </pre>

shouldn't ps.getPrefix() == "a81" hold?!

It's only set if I initalize the property source as
PropertySource ps = new EnvironmentPropertySource("a81");

Is that a bug? or is there an order implied that I don't see yet.

Thanks,
Phil