Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/07 11:32:28 UTC

[RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Hi,

I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1 respin:

Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
(ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)

Please correct me if I should have missed something!

So far we have only received information for Danish about the dictionary
that we should bundle. If we should bundle a dictionary for one of these
languages please let us know until tomorrow. Please create an issue for
this, see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages

All other languages where volunteers are working on updates, please
continue your work and we will integrate your work on trunk immediately
that you can benefit from our regular snapshot builds.

AOO 4.0 is coming soon and we will have to do some work for this release
as well. Some strings moved in other locations (modules) and we will
have some new UI elements that require translation. But mainly strings
that are already translated somewhere else. I will keep you informed.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 1/7/13 12:09 PM, Michael Bauer wrote:
> Submitted Bug 121590 for gd

Thanks!

Please take this as reminder for all other languages where the
information is still missing. I simply can't decide if the dictionaries
are good enough and should be included or not.

Please review http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries or let me
know which dictionary you use in your daily work already.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Michael Bauer <fi...@akerbeltz.org>.
Submitted Bug 121590 for gd

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 1/9/13 10:56 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> >> I plan to start building the first official snapshot tomorrow based on
> >> revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch
> >> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO34)
> >>
> >> Further dictionaries can be included in a potential second snapshot.
> >
> > I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin snapshot
> > today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
>
> my mistake, the revision should be 1429825
>
> Juergen

Can you remind us again on the actual send off date for this? :/

> > The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl", "ko",
> > "nb", "sv".
> >
> > I will built a new updated source release, including the translation
> > updates. The only further change is in the scripts for building the
> > source release where I include the revision number.
> >
> > @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
> >
> > Juergen

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                                                         --
Aesop

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 02:19:11PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 1/10/13 1:38 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:56:46AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> >> I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin snapshot
> >> today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
> >>
> >> The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl", "ko",
> >> "nb", "sv".
> >>
> >> I will built a new updated source release, including the translation
> >> updates. The only further change is in the scripts for building the
> >> source release where I include the revision number.
> >>
> >> @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
> >
> > Linux packages are available at
> > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341
> >

> perfect
>
> Is it possible that you organize it as before for the dev snapshots
>
> public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/windows
> public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/windows/languagepacks
> public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/macos
> public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/macos/languagepacks
> public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/src

Done: http://people.apache.org/~arielch/developer-snapshots/r1429825/

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:56:46AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin snapshot
>> today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
>>
>> The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl", "ko",
>> "nb", "sv".
>>
>> I will built a new updated source release, including the translation
>> updates. The only further change is in the scripts for building the
>> source release where I include the revision number.
>>
>> @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
>
> Linux packages are available at
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341

perfect

Is it possible that you organize it as before for the dev snapshots

public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/windows
public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/windows/languagepacks
public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/macos
public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/macos/languagepacks
public_html/developer-snapshots/r1429825/src

I started to update the snapshot page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

and will include your builds as well.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 10/01/2013 Juergen Schmidt wrote:
> mmh, not sure if it's necessary. When I have put the final bits on
> dist we can continue via email etc. To simplify the downloads, I
> would like to put the files in the same directory on dist but this
> has to be checked if it's possible. We are not longer in incubator.
> They still contain incubator in the name.

I've sent a note to the general@incubator list to let them know. Of
course it makes sense to put files in the "incubator" space again. You
can follow the discussion at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201301.mbox/browser
but I'll warn you if there are objections (which I find unlikely).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Am Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 um 18:11 schrieb Rob Weir:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Linux packages are available at
> > > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341
> > >

> > The first snapshot build is now available and you can find the bits
> > under
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1.respin
> >
> > Please let me know if there is problem with the links.
> >
> > If possilbe I would like to move the release date to Jan 24th. I will
> > be on a business trip for the rest of Jan. starting on 26th and have
> > not really time to handle it at this time.
> >

> The release will have several steps, yes?
>
> 1) Producing the binary and source bundles
>
> 2) Signing
>
> 3) Voting on at least the new source part
>
> 4) Getting onto Apache dist and working with Roberto to get onto SourceForge
>
> 5) Updating download scripts for download/index.html as well
> augmenting other.html
>
> 6) Announcement communications: blog, announcement list, social media
>
> 7) Enable update servers to push update notifications for the new translations
>
> What part do you think you can do by the 24th?
1-4 together with others

I was thinking of one further build depending on the feedback and/or further dictionary information.  The src release can be quite easy checked by a diff and verifying a build.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 01/11/2013 11:16 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 1/10/13 10:29 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 01/10/2013 07:07 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

>>> Ok, so this is a week earlier than we originally anticipated.
>>>
>>> thanks for the heads-up.
>>
>> Juergen, any idea of the time you want to execute the release?
>>
>> At least for me more important than the day itself. ;-)
>
> we can propably prepare everything in front of it or not. Adding further
> languages shouldn't be too difficult if the files are located in the
> same place and using the same naming convention.

Of course, even if it's not much, we should prepare this work.

> But anyway which time would work best for you?

As my daily job don't belong to OpenOffice I can help only in the
evening hours (CET timezone). Maybe it's possible at this day to come
home a bit earlier. I'll try and let you know a few days before 24th Jan.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 1/9/13 8:57 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

>>> I plan to start building the first official snapshot tomorrow based on
>>> revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch
>>> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO34)
>>>
>>> Further dictionaries can be included in a potential second snapshot.
>>
>> I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin snapshot
>> today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
>>
>> The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl", "ko",
>> "nb", "sv".
>>
>> I will built a new updated source release, including the translation
>> updates. The only further change is in the scripts for building the
>> source release where I include the revision number.
>>
>> @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> Afternoon All;u going to want a separate Release Note for this or just
> an edit to the current 3.4.1 Release Note making a note of the
> additional languages?

I think we can extend the existing release notes, it's only a language
update. It's no big thing, only a huge release only important for users
of these languages.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin (Basque)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 12/01/2013 Jon Peli Oleaga wrote:
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/xuxen
> Yes; I thik that that one is good.  Regards Jon Peli

Thanks, now tracked as
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=121616

Posted by Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Jon Peli Oleaga wrote:
> I think that the Basque dictionary XUXEN is working correctly with
> the 3.4.1 English version

It would be this one, right?
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/xuxen
If it is, we can include it.

Please note that we are not forced to ship only one dictionary. The
Italian version includes the Italian dictionary but also the English
one. The Basque version, if you know that most of your users will write
in Basque, or English, or Spanish, could include Basque+English+Spanish,
and so on (menus would be always in Basque, but spell checkers would be
available for writing documents in any of the three languages). But due
to performance reasons we include at most 3-4 dictionaries.

In case, anyone can specify additional dictionaries (other than the
"standard" one, e.g., Basque for the Basque version) picking them from here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/extensions.lst?view=markup

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 07/01/2013 Jon Peli Oleaga wrote:
>> From: robweir@apache.org
>> dictionary.  Also see if there is a hyphenation dictionary and
>> thesaurus.    If there are available, try them with the snapshot build
>> to confirm that they still install and work correctly with AOO 3.4.1.
> How can we get the snapshot build?

Actually you should verify that the dictionary runs correctly with the
English version of OpenOffice 3.4.1 as downloaded from http://openoffice.org

Snapshot builds exist, but are available only in a few languages so far:
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/respin_aoo341/ (Windows, Mac)
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341/ (Linux)

Anyway for the sake of testing a dictionary the English version is fine.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 1/11/13 5:32 PM, Xuacu wrote:
> Hi Juergen, all
>
> Hopefully It's not too late to include Asturian spellchecker in AOO
> 3.4.1. I've created an issue here:
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=121610
>
> I downloaded and tested it with current Asturian build and, after a
> quick test, it all works as expected. Dictionary is a good quality
> one, even i it's still unfinished.

I will include it in the next snapshot

Thanks

Juergen