Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/07/14 03:34:06 UTC

[C2] new XSLTProcessor component

Hi,

I'm working on an extension logicsheet, and perhaps a transformer,
which requires the use of the XSLT processor. Unfortunately the XSLT
processor is not available as a component, as the XML parser is.

So I went ahead and re-factored the TraxTransformer: I moved the XSLT
functionality into a new component class, that conforms to the
following interface:

public interface XSLTProcessor
{
  public void setSourceResolver(SourceResolver resolver);

  public TransformerHandler getTransformerHandler(Source stylesheet)
    throws ProcessingException;

  public void transform(Source source, Source stylesheet, Parameters params,
                        Result result)
    throws ProcessingException;
}

The TraxTransformer now uses the XSLTProcessor component to do its
XSLT processing.

If people are interested in this, I will submit a patch later on,
together with other enhancements I'm working on. More on these
enhancements later on.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>
http://sourceforge.net/users/ovidiu/ (my SourceForge page)

Re: [C2] new XSLTProcessor component

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> +1 for using Componentizing XSLTProcessor.

+1 from me too. sounds very logical.

- donald

Re: [C2] new XSLTProcessor component

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1 for using Componentizing XSLTProcessor.

Thanks,
dims

--- Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an extension logicsheet, and perhaps a transformer,
> which requires the use of the XSLT processor. Unfortunately the XSLT
> processor is not available as a component, as the XML parser is.
>
> So I went ahead and re-factored the TraxTransformer: I moved the XSLT
> functionality into a new component class, that conforms to the
> following interface:
>
> public interface XSLTProcessor
> {
>   public void setSourceResolver(SourceResolver resolver);
>
>   public TransformerHandler getTransformerHandler(Source stylesheet)
>     throws ProcessingException;
>
>   public void transform(Source source, Source stylesheet, Parameters params,
>                         Result result)
>     throws ProcessingException;
> }
>
> The TraxTransformer now uses the XSLTProcessor component to do its
> XSLT processing.
>
> If people are interested in this, I will submit a patch later on,
> together with other enhancements I'm working on. More on these
> enhancements later on.
>

> Regards,
> --
> Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>