Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by flyingscot <im...@sartorius.com> on 2006/09/08 11:42:46 UTC

No element mapping found

Hi!

I have a strange problem: My java software uses embedded FOP. Sometimes the
rendering process comes to an exception:
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Error (0/0): No element mapping definition
found for fo:root

The strange thing is: this problem only occure under Windows XP, under Linux
everything is perfect.
Moreover this problem exists not all the time: e.g. last two weeks everthing
was ok under Windows, but today the error occures all the time.

The exception sometimes differes a bit: the element is e.g.
fo:layout-master-set or fo:flow and so on, and sometime Java completely
freezes...

I have no idea anymore...

CU Immo!

Re: No element mapping found

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
This may hint at a multi-threading issue we've solved some time ago.
Please get the latest source code of FOP from Subversion (FOP Trunk) and
see if the situation improves.

On 08.09.2006 11:42:46 flyingscot wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a strange problem: My java software uses embedded FOP. Sometimes the
> rendering process comes to an exception:
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Error (0/0): No element mapping definition
> found for fo:root
>
> The strange thing is: this problem only occure under Windows XP, under Linux
> everything is perfect.
> Moreover this problem exists not all the time: e.g. last two weeks everthing
> was ok under Windows, but today the error occures all the time.
>
> The exception sometimes differes a bit: the element is e.g.
> fo:layout-master-set or fo:flow and so on, and sometime Java completely
> freezes...
>
> I have no idea anymore...
>
> CU Immo!

Jeremias Maerki