Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2002/12/23 16:46:38 UTC

[Fwd: Convergence, vetoes, forks, and projects]

Last week there was some disagreement about the impact of vetoes and
related matters, and in light of signficant changes we're expecting for
James and mailet API "v3" and the discussions that would preceed them, I
thought it would be useful to build some consensus as to how those
discussions should be structured.  This would be to minimize procedural
disagreements and bring everyone closer to a single set of assumptions,
as well as guidelines how to contribute to the discussion.

I'm attaching an email from Sam Ruby on community@apache.org that (IMHO)
captures how many ASF projects work, and I think begins to lay this
framework.

Any and all comments appreciated.

--
Serge Knystautas