Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Singleton <pa...@jbgb.com> on 2012/01/30 16:26:24 UTC

Apache Tomcat Native library

My standalone Tomcat 6 informs me, at startup, that

The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:...

Does this library offer any benefit to standalone systems, or is it
purely for use with Apache httpd + Tomcat?

Paul Singleton

Re: Apache Tomcat Native library

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Apache Tomcat Native library

Posted by Thomas Rohde <tr...@ordix.de>.
Am 30.01.2012 16:26, schrieb Paul Singleton:
> My standalone Tomcat 6 informs me, at startup, that
>
> The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:...
>
> Does this library offer any benefit to standalone systems, or is it
> purely for use with Apache httpd + Tomcat?
>
> Paul Singleton

Hi Paul,

APR is a native HTTP implementation (heart of the Apache HTTP Server).
It provides a better performance for handling the http overhead in
Tomcat's request processing.

See http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/apr.html for more details.

If you use Apache Webserver with Tomcat you wouldn't use APR but AJP.

Thomas

RE: Apache Tomcat Native library

Posted by Jeffrey Janner <Je...@PolyDyne.com>.

And if you are tired of seeing the error message in your logs, you can comment out the AprLifecycleListener in your server.xml file.

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.

RE: Apache Tomcat Native library

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.