Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/07/16 02:39:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] Examples Repo for 2.0

Hi,

Over the years, MXNet accumulated many examples in the example folder [1]. However, due to not testing them in the CI and in releases, many of them are currently broken. I'd like to propose that we create a new examples repo for MXNet 2.0 similar to how PyTorch hosts them [2]. Further more, the new examples repo should be evaluated periodically (e.g. weekly) against the master branch to ensure that they are not broken.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

Sheng

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/master/example
[2] https://github.com/pytorch/examples

Re: [DISCUSS] Examples Repo for 2.0

Posted by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org>.
I created the repository at https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet-examples. Next, we will need to set up CI and move some examples there. I'm currently occupied and may not get to it before next month. If someone volunteers to help on this I'd appreciate it.

Best,
Sheng

Posted by Chaitanya Bapat <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kshitij Kalambarkar <ks...@gmail.com>.