Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Baynes <Jo...@tradeweb.com> on 2018/03/17 15:20:09 UTC

Nodetool Repair --full

Hi Community,

Can someone confirm, as the documentation out on the web is so contradictory and vague.

Nodetool repair -full if I call this, do I need to run this on ALL my nodes or is just the once sufficient?

Thanks

Jonathan Baynes
DBA
Tradeweb Europe Limited
Moor Place  *  1 Fore Street Avenue  *  London EC2Y 9DT
P +44 (0)20 77760988  *  F +44 (0)20 7776 3201  *  M +44 (0)7884111546
Jonathan.Baynes@tradeweb.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]<http://www.tradeweb.com/>   follow us:  [cid:image002.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeweb?trk=top_nav_home>    [cid:image003.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110] <http://www.twitter.com/Tradeweb>
A leading marketplace<http://www.tradeweb.com/About-Us/Awards/> for electronic fixed income, derivatives and ETF trading

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services, please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our website @ www.tradeweb.com.

Re: Nodetool Repair --full

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Worth noting that if you have racks == RF you only need to repair one rack
to repair all the data in the cluster if you *don't* use -pr. Also note
that full repairs on >=3.0 case anti-compactions and will mark things as
repaired, so once you start repairs you need to keep repairing to ensure
you don't have any zombie data or other problems.

Re: Nodetool Repair --full

Posted by Hannu Kröger <hk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan,