Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Hochhold Guenter <gu...@siemens.com> on 2004/06/29 10:03:31 UTC

Xerces-c Bug

Hello,

I think I found a bug in Xerces-c (I didn't find it in your bug-lists yet):

		<xs:unique name="uniqueLNodeType">
			<xs:selector xpath="scl:LNodeType"/>
			<xs:field xpath="@id"/>
			<xs:field xpath="@iedType"/>
		</xs:unique>

This xs:unique seems to be validated like xs:key.

In my xml-file there is a       <LNodeType id="IED_0001/PROT/LPHD1"
lnClass="LPHD">
Xerces tells me, there are not enough values specified for <unique>
If I add an iedType like here:       <LNodeType id="IED_0001/PROT/LLN0"
lnClass="LLN0" iedType="frranz">
Xerces seems to be satisfied.

But this is not correct: the fields of an unique needn't to be required.
They may be optional and so they may be missing.

Best regards

Günter Hochhold
SIEMENS AG, PTD PA D ET, NBG H,
Humboldtstraße 59, D-90459 Nürnberg, Germany
* Tel.	+49-911-433-8302
*   Fax.	+49-911-433-7386
*  E-Mail. mailto:Guenter.Hochhold@SIEMENS.COM
<ma...@SIEMENS.COM>