Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "HARI,SANJAYAGANESH (HP-India,ex2)" <sa...@hp.com> on 2002/05/31 09:10:21 UTC

WSDL -> WSDD failed ! Please help !

Hi :

I am facing issues with services deployment vis WSDL way.

I followed the procedure below:

(1) I have an EchoService.java as attached.

(2) I generated the WSDL from the above java class file using
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o EchoService.wsdl  -l"
http://localhost:8080/axis/serv
<http://localhost:8080/axis/services/EchoService> ices/EchoService" -n
"urn:EchoSanjay" -p"com.sanjaya.EchoService" "urn:EchoSanjay"
com.sanjaya.EchoService

(3) Then I used the WSDL2Java to get the WSDD files as below
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -o . -d Session -s -S true
-Nurn:EchoSanjay com.sanjaya.EchoService EchOService.wsdl

(4) But I see that the generated WSDD file doesnt have any of the public
methods I have defined in the java files. But the wsdl is fine. The WSDL and
WSDD are as attached, but WSDD is empty :-(

Any clues please?
Sanjay.

RE: WSDL -> WSDD failed ! Please help !

Posted by "Arne M. Degenring" <ar...@degenring.de>.
> (4) But I see that the generated WSDD file doesnt have any
> of the public methods I have defined in the java files. But
> the wsdl is fine. The WSDL and WSDD are as attached, but WSDD
> is empty :-(

I think the deploy.wsdd you attached is perfectly ok. It contains:

  <service name="EchoService" provider="java:RPC">
      <parameter name="className"
value="com.sanjaya.EchoService.EchoServiceSoapBindingSkeleton"/>
      <parameter name="scope" value="Session"/>
  </service>

The parameter "allowedMethods" with its value "*" indicates that all
public methods of the EchoServiceSoapBindingSkeleton class can be
accessed via SOAP. In your case it is equivalent to:

<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="echoVoid echoString"/>

Sorry, if should be missing the point...

Arne

-l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/EchoService" -n  "urn:EchoSanjay"