Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com> on 2013/07/11 02:16:40 UTC

Kudos for Phoenix

Hi folks,

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Phoenix framework, and specifically for the ability to create "view" against an HBase table whose schema was not being managed by Phoenix.  That's a really nice feature and I'm not sure how many folks realize this.  I was initially nervous that this was only for data created with Phoenix, but that's not the case, so if you're looking for a lightweight framework for SQL-on-HBase I'd check it out.  For this particular scenario it's probably better for ad-hoc data exploration, but often that's what people are looking to do.

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
doug.meil@explorysmedical.com

Re: Kudos for Phoenix

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
This particular use case is effectively a full scan on the table, but with
server-side filters.  Internally, Hbase still has to scan all the data -
there's no magic.

Re: Kudos for Phoenix

Posted by Bing Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kudos for Phoenix