Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by santosh_rajaguru <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/24 11:28:28 UTC

Running Flink Job with dependencies

Hi,

I am trying to run a Flink job, which uses the eclipse extension mechanism,
from command prompt as well as from the webclient. The job runs successfully
from eclipse as a java application when i configure the classpath to include
the dependencies.
However, how to do that while running from webclient/ command prompt.
when i try to execute the job, it says entry point could not be loaded due
to a linkage failure.
causes : NoClassDefFoundException: Org.eclipse.core.runtime

am i missing something?

Regards,
Santosh

Re: Running Flink Job with dependencies

Posted by santosh_rajaguru <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yes.
I have configured a product file and specified the required plugins.
It generates the jar files and i deploy them into lib folder.
and deployed the main class jar into webclient.
Ran the job.

Re: Running Flink Job with dependencies

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
So you've put the plugin jars in the lib dir of each task manager?
It could work but I'll try to package the plugins as a jar and transitively
collect the required dependency.
However I remember that it's quite tricky to find the correct way to handle
them as a normal jars :)
Maybe some good Flink dev working with OSGI Eclipse plugins could write a
documentation about it (if any)..

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
Are you sure that the plugin dependencies are of type jar and not of type
bundle?
I remember that eclipse projects that are OSGI plugins are not managed as a
normal jar by maven usually..

Posted by santosh_rajaguru <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
This looks like the Eclipse classes are not part of the JAR. Are you
packing a fat JAR, or do you put the Eclipse dependencies in the classpath?

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.