Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Roger Stocker <ro...@stocker.nu> on 2013/08/12 13:49:20 UTC

Is there documentation about how to implement a custom namespace handler?

Hi

I am new to this list, and I'd like to say hello first!

For a few weeks now, I am dealing with a project trying to integrate the
restlet framework into a blueprint container, using declarative xml
configuration.
After some success with Spring's blueprint extender, including
successfully integrating a custom namespace handler (which I introduced
on my blog here:
http://code4you.org/2013/07/spring-custom-xml-namespace-scheme-for-the-restlet-framework/),
I became aware of the limitations of the Spring implementation,
especially concerning annotation support, which is merely inexistent.

So I decided to head over to Aries, and from what I see so far, it looks
great and mature!
Now I am looking for some information about how to implement and
integrate such a XML namespace handler into Aries. Unfortunately I
didn't find anything useful for my level of insight. I am aware of the
fact, that by looking into the transaction module of Aries, there could
be found the answer, since it declares it's own namespace handler as well.

Nevertheless, I'd like to ask for some support from the community. Maybe
someone has access to some specific information about the topic, and
would share it with me?

Thanks in advance!
Roger